Character Education: Our counseling program and students focused on the trait of kindness in December, and the following students were recognized for reasons such as helping others, paying it forward and celebrating others’ successes.
- Pre-K: Samuel Yonas
- Kindergarten: Skye Byrd, Caylem Comstock, Alleyna-Jiselle Garner and Armani Sutton
- First Grade: Maryam Aly, Siena Lapierre, Juhyeong Lee and Veronika Mezzetti
- Second Grade: Marly Fonck, Peayrh Henry, Danna Montecillo-Olalde, Katherine Southern and Rayne Spence
- Third Grade: Isabella Castro, Sol Ray Herrera Stone, Zach LaPierre, Jiyou Lee and Aaron Silberman
- Fourth Grade: Sinai Cuffee, Angie Mejia and Amari Perkins
- Fifth Grade: Evelin Garcia, Manuela Plata, Fay Stoke and Aiden Whitehead
- Sixth Grade: Sharon Bass, Bo Groff, Lily McCann and Gabby Tardy
- Seventh Grade: Ali Chughtai, Brooke Harris, Jacob Lewis and Sarah Smith
- Eighth Grade: Kyle Green, Kellen Hileman, Lydia Smith and Michael Walker
Parent Academy Workshops: Wake County offers us opportunities to host parent workshops, and we would like to offer some that support our parents’ specific interests and needs. Please complete this survey to inform our decision-making processes.
Prospective Student Open House: We will host an open house for prospective elementary and middle-school students on Wednesday, January 11th, from 5:30 to 7:00. Fifth-Grade Families, we invite you to join us to check out our middle-school core programming, elective offerings, clubs and teachers.
The Wizard of Oz: Many of our fourth through eighth-grade students are participating in our production of The Wizard of Oz, which will run Thursday, February 2 through Saturday, February 4. Evening performances will be at 6:30, and the Saturday matinee will be at 3:00. We invite all of you to see a performance, which we are excited to announce will be at Pine Hollow Middle School’s auditorium. Our students are excited to perform in a brand new theatre facility, and we hope you will join us there.
Upcoming Events: Please note these important upcoming dates.
- Wednesday, January 11th: Prospective Student Open House (5:30-7:00)
- Monday, January 16th: Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday, no school for staff or students
- Friday, January 20th: Early Release at 12:30
- Tuesday, January 24th: End of Second Quarter
- Friday, January 27th: Make-up Day for January 9 due to weather
- Friday, February 3rd: Report Card Distribution
- Thursday, February 2 – Saturday, February 4: The Wizard of Oz at Pine Hollow (6:30 & Saturday matinee @ 3:00)
Katherine White, Principal