A team of teachers and I were fortunate to attend a Buck Institute Project-Based Learning (BPL) Conference in Nashville last week. These teachers and others will be our staff coaches in the 2016-2017 school year, and we are excited to share this work with our colleagues this spring and in the coming school year. We look forward to a PBL Parents’ Coffee where we will share more information about PBL at Hilburn. Please be looking for this event in coming Hawk Talks. We want to thank the PTA for its support of this work!
EOG Proctors Needed
As I mentioned last week, we will administer EOGs from Thursday, May 26, to Wednesday, June 1. Please locate the basic schedule here. If you are willing and able to help with EOG proctoring, please access this link. We are in desperate need of your help and are looking for at least 30 proctors!
April remains a busy month. Please note these coming events:
- April 11-15: Elementary Conference Week
- April 13: Spring Picture Day
- April 18-22: Career Week
- April 18-22: Scholastic Book Fair
- April 20: Festival of Flowers
- April 28-30: Spring Musical, Peter Pan Jr. (6:30 each night with added 3:00 matinee on April 30)