Teachers returned Friday and are working hard to have their classrooms ready! We are tremendously excited about this school year and are looking forward to seeing our students and families this Thursday. When you join us Thursday evening, please visit the Media Center. We have made lots of changes in our MakerSpace conversion and would love to get students excited about the learning they will be doing in that space with Mrs. Freeze and Ms. Stavros. Thank you to all of the parents who supported the Fun Run and to the PTA for making these changes possible!
I want to welcome our new staff! We are excited and proud to welcome the following teachers and teacher assistants to our outstanding team.
- Ms. Jen Badalamenti, AIG
- Ms. Melissa Bowman, Middle School Special Education
- Ms. Katie Coats, ID Mod K-2 TA
- Ms. Melissa Davidson, Elementary Special Education, Grades 3-5
- Mrs. Kellie Duke, Kindergarten TA
- Ms. Michelle Gordon, Kindergarten TA
- Mr. Kevin Ledger, Middle School Intervention and Instructional Coach
- Ms. Nina Nguyen, Kindergarten TA
- Mrs. Stephanie Patton, Media Assistant
- Ms. Danielle Smith, First Grade
- Ms. Kaitlyn Summers, Kindergarten
- Ms. Pam Tart, Middle School Healthful Living
We are also thrilled that we were able to add additional teacher assistants this year. As a result, we will have a TA in every kindergarten classroom, two in first grade, and one in second grade.
There are always questions when a school year begins. Please contact our staff members with questions as follows:
- Aftercare: Ms. Kristen Kennedy or Mrs. Maureen McAnarney
- AIG and Single Subject Acceleration: Ms. Jen Badalamenti
- Attendance: Mrs. Tonya Sturdivant
- Classroom Expectations and Procedures: Individual Teachers
- Elementary 504: Ms. Raelene Daley
- Elementary Special Education: Mrs. Beverley Filler
- Elementary Student Concerns: Individual Teachers and/or Ms. Raelene Daley
- Grades and/or Grading Policies: Individual Teachers
- Middle School 504: Mrs. Jenna Warren
- Middle School Special Education: Ms. Cassie Powell
- Middle School Student Concerns: Individual Teachers and/or Mrs. Jenna Warren
- Read to Achieve: Mrs. Ann Johnston
- Testing: Ms. Alexis Wengler
- Transportation: Mrs. Stacey Winn and Administration
As the year opens, I want to encourage you to be involved in the Hilburn PTA. Our PTA provides critical support for our students, staff and families throughout the year, making a positive difference in the life of our school. I look forward to seeing you all on Thursday.
Katherine White, Principal